Sunday, January 4, 2009

Christmas "08

I know that I am late getting these pictures up, but hey better late than never, right?!? We had a great Christmas this year! It was a relatively quiet one...for us that is! We stayed at home all by ourselves! No crazy Disney World or cabin in Gatlinburg and 50 other people! We had Christmas Eve together, just us! It was kind of wierd, but actually really nice! Jared has been begging me for YEARS to just be at home by ourselves and this year we finally did it. The kids were SO good and they really enjoyed it just being us. I'm sure the UNDIVIDED attention probably helped. We had Christmas morning together, then Jared's parents came later that morning and stayed all day. Jared's Uncle and fiance' (I DON'T know how to spell that!!!) came later that afternoon. We had a great time with everyone! We fried a turkey AND a ham, although the ham didn't quite turn out! :( We played American Idol ALL night long!!! I'm pretty sure me & Jared enjoyed that gift more than the kids!!! :) The day after Christmas we did go up to Tennesse to see my family. We stayed for a couple of days and had a really great time. We ate, went bowling, played "PIT", ate, hung out and talked and ATE!!! Holly cow, did I mention we ATE!!! My mom had her usual chocolates all made. Jared was eating fudge by the HANDFULLS! He said he was trying to GAIN weight so that when he looses some weight it will be more impressive! Sounds like him, huh?!?

Brooke (with evil eyes!) TRYING to bowl!
Brooke getting what she wanted...MONEY! She said she "didn't trust Mrs. Clause to pick out clothes for her"! Jared's response, "Hey, watch it, I hear Santa is REALLY protective of Mrs. Clause!" So we gave her a box of "sweaty cash".
Chase with his new IPOD! He hasn't taken them out of his ears yet!!!

Bradley getting "the only thing he really wanted" this year...inline skates! He now says he doesn't want to be a plastic surgeon anymore, he wanted to be a professional SKATER! I feel sorry for his wife!
Jared with all the kids






5 comments:

Adunakhyr said...

You look so happy. Best for 2009!!!

88lobos said...

Good for you. We love to be at our home, but the kids are already hitting us up to be like the cuz and go to AZ next year. Aaiiiyyiiyiii...

PS - I like your new blog skin ;o)

KatSpy said...

Hey Dawn...Just realized I posted from another blog....Kathleen here.

Anonymous said...

Great, Dawn! Also enjoyed looking at pix from Christmas, etc.

Anonymous said...

Ok, I hope this works, it is my First time....Cute pictures of all the trees, the new years picture turned out really cute to.. And dont worry about the diet because after the special drink we will all be light as a feather.. LOL
Siciley