Wednesday, November 19, 2008

"Mean Girls"

Brooke has been having a hard time at school this year with friends. She has a girl that she has been good friends with off and on and it's finally "off"! I say off and on because the other girl can't "decide" if she wants to be Brooke's friend or not! It's so ridiculous. It's a long story and I won't bore anyone with details, but long story short she said mean and untrue things about Brooke at school. Brooke came home the other day from school and had it out with this girl on the phone and she was REALLY mean to Brooke. I haven't seen Brooke cry like that in a long time. (And for Brooke that's saying A LOT! : ) It's been a tough year for her trying to find a "best friend". Brooke is just different from the other girls at school. She (believe it or not!) isn't into boys and getting into trouble. She's just a sweet girl who isn't mean and CADDY! So, she gets left out. She's the girl at school trying to convert people by giving out Book of Mormon's to her teachers and bus drivers!!! So...needless to say this doesn't make her "cool" with the other kids. So, I found this ADORABLE Betsey Johnson bag and bought it to cheer her up. Listen, I AM NOT in denial, I know that's shallow and superficial, but anyone who denies getting something NEW doesn't make them feel good is a liar! :) She absolutely loved it and flipped over it. It was just nice to see her SMILE again. Kennedy Curtis...she MISSES U SO MUCH!!! I am so proud of Brooke I KNOW that she will go far in life standing for what is right!

7 comments:

KatSpy said...

My heart hurts for her. Middle school is hard. Tell Brooke that Tad & Jareds' Aunt Kathleen is so proud of her.

KatSpy said...

Oh! And GREAT purse!

Lisa said...

LOVE the bag! Its almost exactly how I pictured it, you describe things well! I went through a very difficult time with my friends at Brooke's age - it was actually in 7th grade. My sister promised me if I read my scriptures and pray everyday it would get easier. So that's what I did and what a change I saw in my life! That was when I truly had a testimony and knew without a doubt the church was true. I know as long as Brooke continues to stay strong and close to her Heavenly Father she will be happy. Tell her I am thinking of her!

Anonymous said...

Reminds me of her dad at that age!! It's not easy. It wasn't easy for me, either. I was just plain shy, which is painful. I'm not worried about Brooke. I'm just sorry that some of the girls at school don't get to know her well enough to know what a "jewel" she is!!! Love that girl to death!!!

In my day, they always said when you get sad, go by a new hat. Now, it's purses, and I think it's great!

Nana Marcom

Anonymous said...

Look how BEAUTIFULL I look in that pic!! j/k. yea its hard but, wateva ive moved on!! I got new friends who arent looking for the next big thing and arent worried about bing popular or not. LOVE Ya MADISON, LOVE Ya ALEXIS!! :D mwuh

P.S. thanx Momma Bear, just put my person life online!! do u want to tell them i sing in the shower too?! woops.. lol jk!

Anonymous said...

Love you too!!! We are the bom.com.. and we rule the school...
Luv ya!!
Alexis!

Anonymous said...

Bless her heart. Tell her to hang in there and everyone goes through this at one time or another because girls can be down right in dirty. For goodness sakes my best friend made the exact same prom dress as me. I mean went down and got the same pattern in the same material and color and made it!!!!